Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Fatigued

I write this post as my eyelids work overtime to try and stay open, even though it's only Eight O'clock and I just woke up from an hour and a half long nap. I could call this fatigue. If there's one changed I've noticed my body undergo all through out high school, it's that I'm not constantly tired. I could have had nine glorious hours of restful sleep (I just got a FitBit Heart rate monitor which will help me tack my sleep and see how restful it is) and wake up and feel exhausted.

I think as you grow through your four years of high school, you become more and more okay with the idea of over-working yourself. For many, the goal in high school is to succeed by any means necessary, and often times that means sacrificing your health via sleep deprivation and poor eating habits. I'm extremely guilty of falling into both of these traps, however, I'm working on taking better care of myself in preparation for college next year.

Yesterday, the National Sleep foundation released their updated recommendations for amount of sleep needed to be healthy. I created a survey below to see how people measure up to the recommended amount of sleep. I hope to create another post after I've collected sufficient results from the survey detailing what seemed to be the most popular responses, especially per age group.

Click here for larger view of the infographic




No comments:

Post a Comment